Food & Dining
The food at Puri Ganesha is prepared from pesticide free, local ingredients wherever possible and is light, fresh and seasonal. No red meat, only chicken, seafood, salads and vegetable dishes are served. The oils we use are unsaturated and there is an exciting, daily-changing dinner menu. To reduce our carbon food print, very few of the ingredients used in the kitchen are imported! We are mindful of what we serve our guest and we know where all our produce comes from because Gusti does the shopping!
Meals can be served in the villas at anytime, in the dining pavilion by the pool, in the little beachfront restaurant, as a picnic or we can set up a table on the beach for a special candlelight dinner. If you would like to experience authentic local food, Diana & Gusti will be happy to take you to meet their suppliers, go to their markets, try their favourite eating places, eat with the family and introduce you to the best culinary delights that North Bali and East Java have to offer. A selection of different cookery classes including lunch or dinner are available on request!
As well as our extensive menus, here are just some of the more unusual culinary experiences we offer:
- Order our little street cart to come to your villa to prepare an Indonesian dish
- Have breakfast on a glass-bottomed boat to see the fish & corals in Pemuteran Bay
- Enjoy a decadent Rupiah Millionaire's champagne breakfast in bed
- Feast on Diana's Surprise Tasting Menu served at a table set on the beach
- Try our traditional nasi campur Balinese lunch of the day
- Experience a private Balinese Feast with a special dance performance in your villa garden
- Discover some authentic local food on one of our ‘Food Excursions ’